How do we approach counseling?
Imagine Hope Recovery Process
Many clients want to know how therapy works and what are the steps? We have a very simple model that we follow.
Step 1: Discouragement:
When clients come to us they often feel weary, hopeless, fearful, disconnected, and discouraged. Their issues have accumulated and caused significant pain in their life.
Step 2: Assessment:
When you come to Imagine Hope, we begin a thorough assessment to give us a clear picture of your life. This includes:
- Where you've been and how you got there.
- We spend time really getting to know you and what you are bringing to the therapy experience.
- We ask questions to get to the root of your problem and what has caused the discouragement and pain you are experiencing.
Step 3: Inspiration
During the Inspiration session, we take all the valuable information we have gathered in the assessment process and we give you honest, direct, and clear feedback about where you've been and where you are going. This session provides:
- Clarification and understanding by naming the issues that have created challenges in your life.
- Direction and guidance for what you need to work on in your recovery.
- A roadmap is created of what your recovery will look like.
This session can be the most powerful point in your recovery, as this is where true insight begins. It is our experience that in this session you will find answers and hope. Inspired hope creates motivation to work, which facilitates the change and growth needed to experience being fully alive.
Step 4: Recovery
Recovery is when you take the information provided in the Inspiration session and begin making the changes necessary for healthy relationships with others and yourself. Of course, your therapist will be there to guide you thru this process. This is where true changes begin!