In relationships it is important to acknowledge your partner. Flirting can be a fun and playful way to do this. Do you remember how good it feels to have someone flirt with you? The adrenaline rush you feel from being wanted by someone can give your self-confidence a boost. Remember it doesn’t have to cost money or take too much time. Here are a few creative ways to flirt with your partner today:
* Leave a note in the shower using one of your child’s bath crayons
* Send a text saying you are thinking of them
* When walking by, show some physical affection (a tap, pat, or quick kiss)
* Allow them to catch you looking at him/her and checking him/her out
* Smile and wink
* Play a song for them on their voice mail that says the words you are feeling
* Leave a note in their car, on their desk, in their lunch, or in their wallet
There are many more examples of ways to flirt with your partner- the key is to make them feel wanted and desired by you. Show them you took the time to think of them in that moment and that they are worth your time. You might be amazed the ripple affect it produces in other areas of your relationship!
Teri Claassen MSW, LCSW is a licensed therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. Teri enjoys doing marriage counseling, individual counseling, couples and relationship counseling. Teri also does family counseling, child counseling, and adolescent counseling. Imagine Hope serves the Indianapolis area, including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Fishers, Noblesville, Zionsville, and Westfield.