What are some different ways you can fight fair in your relationship? This week we are discussing tips on healthy conflict resolution:
18. Don’t argue over nonnegotiable items like health & safety and dignity issues.
19. Deal with difficult things when they are easy (that is, small & cool).
20. What is it like from the other persons perspective, feelings, experience?
21. Learn that fights are NOT personal but have to do with very old stuff.
22. Discussion= attack the problem. Arguement= attack each other.
23. Be open- always learn- Be generous of spirit- Risk- Use your heart a lot!
Did you recognize any ways that your conflict might be helped towards a more healthy direction? We hope so!
Check back next week, when we will be discussing the serenity prayer! As always, thank you for joining us!
Joleen Watson, MS, NCC, is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. She enjoys doing marriage counseling, relationship counseling, couples counseling, and individual counseling. Imagine Hope also specializes in family, child and adolescent counseling and serves Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield, and Fishers.