This week’s blog is focusing on the different characteristics of a dysfunctional couple. Today we will finish up with the final characteristics:
14. It is easier to blame our partners than it is to accept our own responsibility.
15. We deal with conflict by getting totally out of control or not arguing at all.
16. We experience ourselves as inadequate parents.
17. We are ashamed of ourselves as a couple.
18. We repeat patterns of dysfunction from our families of origin.
Did you recognize any of the characteristics in your relationship? This could be a great tool for gaining better understanding of areas to improve in relationships! Thank you so much for joining us this week.
References: Recovering Couples Anonymous http://www.recovering-couples.org/
Joleen Watson, MS, NCC, is a therapist at Imagine Hope Counseling Group. She enjoys doing marriage counseling, relationship counseling, couples counseling, and individual counseling. Imagine Hope also specializes in family, child and adolescent counseling and serves Indianapolis area including the surrounding areas of Carmel, Noblesville, Zionsville, Westfield, and Fishers.